The squash courts on the eastern side of the Abingdon Road, opposite nos. 90-96, were built by Brasenose on the college's sports ground in 1937. The playing area for the game of squash was not standardised until 1923, and the Brasenose courts are a rare surviving example of a purpose-built double court from this early period in the game's history.
The courts were added to the Oxford Heritage Assets Register in July 2018. The register recognises buildings which make a special contribution to the character of Oxford and its neighbourhoods through their locally significant historic, architectural, archaeological or artistic interest. It is sometimes called 'the local list' and gives buildings a degree of extra protection in planning terms should proposals be put forward to radically alter or demolish them.